Sunday, September 22, 2013

It's Tag Time Again!

Hello friends and welcome to new followers, so happy to have you stopping by today!  I have lots to share with you today.  First these fun country style tags that I made with the new Artistic Outpost release Christmas Chalk.  If you haven't seen this new plate, you should check it out!  It's very versatile and will be great for Christmas crafting this year.  I chose to go the chalkboard route on most of the samples I made with it and really love that look.  

I'll share the details on each tag but before I do, I wanted to also take the opportunity to tell you that tomorrow, Monday, September 23rd, I will be kicking off my annual 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style.  You can check out the links on my sidebar to learn about last year'schallenge.  And come back on Monday to read all about this year's challenge and to see my first inspiration piece.  But basically, the way it works is each week I will post a tag.  You will find something on it to give you inspiration and make something to link up.  It will run every Monday from now until a week before Christmas which will help you get your tags and cards done for Christmas.   And if you complete all 12 weeks by the deadline and follow all the rules, you will be entered into a drawing for a gift certificate from The Funkie Junkie Boutique.  I'm giving away three GCs - one grand prize for $50 and two runners ups for $25 each.  And as little gift, anyone who plays and completes all 12 entries will receive a coupon for 10% off their entire purchase at The Funkie Junkie Boutique, good for the month of January 2014.  So come back on Monday to see my first inspiration piece and learn all the challenge requirements.  Please note: You must have a blog to play in this challenge.  Sorry, but I'll explain in the rules on Monday.  
And now for the deets on my tags.  Here's a quick and easy little tag.  The tag base was cut with an old Sizzix tag die from white card stock.  I inked it with Vintage Photo DI, glued a piece of a book page to it, then ripped half of it off again.  I sponged on a bit more Vintage Photo ink and laid the tag on top of a small round doily folding the edges up and around the edges of the tag and gluing them down.  I stamped the TO/FROM stamp on a piece of white CS, cut it with a Spellbinders die, did some first, second and third generation stamping with the snowflake stamp and Jet Black archival ink, grunged it up a bit with Vintage Photo DI and added burlap and a rhinestone.  A bit of twine makes a tie for a package.
Next up, I cut a piece of kraft CS with the Ornamental die and stamped the ledger stamp from Ephemera Backgrounds with Picket Fence distress paint and doodled the edge with a white gel pen. The designer paper is from the It's Christmas Time collection from Maja Design which is absolutely fabulous.  I used the Tim Holtz ornament die and the Tattered Poinsettia die.  The snowflake was cut with a Stampin' Up decorative strip snowflake die.  The little snowman was stamped with Craft White ink onto black CS and trimmed out.
For the third tag, I cut kraft CS with the Baroque die.  I don't recall what stamp set I used on the back panel, but it was definitely an AO stamp.   I created the chalkboard look with black CS, swiped a bit of  white craft ink on my finger and rubbed it on the black CS.  Then I stamped with the white craft ink.  The holly was cut with the Festive Greenery decorative strip die from green kraft core and sanded.  I made the berries with an old tube of something similar to Liquid pearls but it has sparkles in it.  When it was dry, I colored them with a copic marker.
And the last one, just a quickie, cut with the ornament die from white CS and stamped with the ledger sheet again, this time in Coffee archival.  Plus I stamped the pine tree and holly leaves from Chirstmas Chalk.  I quickly finished it off with a few gold ballls and a piece of knotted twine.   

And that's it, my friends.  All the supplies and tools that are available in my store are listed below.  Be sure to come back by tomorrow for the kick off of the 12 Tags of Christmas Funkie Junkie Style.



These products used to make the tags are available at The Funkie Junkie Boutique, where Tim Holtz/Ranger products are always 20% below MSRP!

7 comments:

Maryanne said...

I love your tags, Linda. I'm going to play along with the challenge this year. I discovered you and your gorgeous work during last year's 12 Tags challenge and loved every one of them! I can't wait!

Redanne said...

The four tags are beautiful Linda, I love how you created the chalk board effect especially. Hoping to join in this fun challenge this year, if I can find Mr Mojo.... Hugs, Anne x

diane said...

Amazing tags ... such great talent!
I'm going to have to pull out my dies and start making some of these beauties!

Silvia(Barnie) said...

These are amazing pieces.
Looking forward to the 12 Tags challenge :)

Kathy Eddy said...

I love your chalkboard tags. Just adorable!

Hettie said...

Yeay!! Beautiful tags Linda and I shall be back with you tomorrow to join in with the tags. I am in love with these AO stamps. They are pretty high up on my Wish List.
Hugs
xx

Marci said...

Great tags, especially the one with the poinsettia. Well, all of them, really. Makes me want these dies.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin


I changed my font at thecutestblogontheblock.com